Alchemy is the art and science of mixing reagents in order to obtain transformations of their qualities and effects. In Noita, the great majority of alchemical reagents are in liquid form, preserved in flasks. They can be mixed with other liquids or solid materials into many kinds of philters, doses, elixirs, draughts and potions, while almost all of these recipes are still unknown to date. It would take a patient alchemist with access to all kinds of elements to discover how many unique concoctions exist...
|This article is a stub. You can help Noita Wiki by .|
General Introduction[edit | edit source]
In a world where every pixel is simulated, Alchemy occupies a main role with no surprises. Even if the player chooses to avoid picking up potions and focuses in wand-building, they must be aware of the many reactions that endlessly occur in the world of Noita. Explosions, corrosions and fires share space with purifications, teletransportations, charmings and metamorphic effects, making alchemical knowledge essential to survival.
Also, the world will spawn many sorts of materials that can react to each other in some way, while having their own particularities while isolated in puddles, mounds or tanks. So, the majority of reactions that occur while delving into the mysteries of Noita will not be caused by the player's direct actions at all. With this in mind, the character starts with three forms of modifying their surroundings:
- A wand that shoots low-damage spark bolts, which can reduce powders and silence small flames at a very slow rate
- A wand with the bomb spell, which summon bombs that remove large chunks of soil and can ignite flammable materials
- A Water Flask that can be used to purify or neutralize toxic sludge and lava pools, while putting out fires on oneself or a determined area. In a last resort, the flask can be thrown, dispensing large amounts of water and removing the item from inventory. The Water Flask was added in the update of 2019-10-11.
Additional flasks can be found atop magical pedestals while exploring the dungeon, encouraging the player to make mixtures and try new reactions.
Known Standard Recipes[edit | edit source]
- Purifying Sludge: mix water with toxic sludge to convert the sludge into water.
- Water + Toxic Sludge = Water.
- Draught of Midas is created using Alchemic precursor and meat.
- There's also a lot of minor interactions caused when two materials interact such as water and fire create steam.
- Here's an in depth chart showing some of these reactions: | Noita Liquid Sheet
- Mysterious Fungus = Fungus + Toxic Sludge + Sand. Will turn Sand and Toxic Sludge into itself on contact.
- Toxic Sludge + Worm Blood + Fungus Powder = Void Liquid
Lively Concoction and Alchemic Precursor[edit | edit source]
These two concoctions have their recipes randomly generated at the start of each new game. The recipes are always in the ternary form, being composed of three reagents. Lively Concoction is a most sought draught who heals at a better rate than the also very rare Healthium potion. The Alchemic Precursor is probably a hint into more complex recipes which this is a indispensable reagent.
An early experimental alchemist broke the seed code for the recipes of both LC and AP, for each seed. They had announced the end of his services, but the page is still active: zatherz.github.io/noita/
Failing that, there is also a mod that directly shows you the 2 random alchemy recipes for each seed (right in the game) which you can download via this link.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Draught of Midas is a reference to king Midas, a man who gained the ability to convert everything he touched into gold.
- Draught of Midas and Lively Concoction are both most likely references to transmutation and the panacea respectively, both known to be the ultimate works of Alchemy.
- The Temple of The Art is most likely a nod to "The Arts" which is a another name for the hermetic practices.
- Void liquid is the densest matter in game