A Spell that launches an explosive ball of fire that detonates when hitting an enemy or the terrain head-on. When hitting the terrain at a bit of an angle, it will bounce instead until it either hits terrain head-on or runs out of motion, then explodes. It is similar to a grenade in other games. In New Game mode, the second starter wand might have a copy of this spell.
Comes in 5 variants, all of which are limited by charges.
The odd variant floats in a Slithering Path pattern as it decelerates. It seems to also try and stay level with your horizontal position.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The normal Firebolt is useful in the early levels both as a tool for digging and doing heavy damage to the enemies there. It can be somewhat hard to control at times, though.
- The version with a trigger is usually found on wands with many copies of that spell, making the wand produce firebolts that bounce around and explode several times which can be useful against packs of enemies. Due to its limited charges and high mana drain, it is not very useful outside of this niche.
- The Large And Giant Firebolts are, despite their limited charge count, useful throughout the whole game due to their good damage against all enemies and wide terrain destruction ability. They're also natural fits for shuffle wands.
- It is possible to dig into the ceiling with these spells as long as you angle the attack correctly.
- The sizeable Cast Delay isn't much of a detriment, instead helping you avoid launching too many at once and wasting charges.
Gallery[edit | edit source]