|A magical lance that cuts through soft materials.|
|Cast delay||+0.33 s|
|Spread modifier||-10 DEG|
This spell shoots out a magic lance that pierces through soft materials such as dirt, soil, ice and most powders, and despite the description, will actually very slowly dig through harder materials including steel and brickwork. The projectile arcs through the air with fairly short range and a low and inconsistent velocity, meaning that even with perfect accuracy, multiple shots will not land in the same spot, all else being equal.
Unlike most projectiles, it can damage the player despite not having a Piercing Shot effect.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This spell is friendly-fire enabled, which means that if used from a trigger spell can hit you and kill you if you're not careful.
- The Speed Up modifier is recommended to increase the force of the projectile when digging through soft materials, as well as its range.
- The spell has a very good mana drain–to-damage ratio, but is hampered by its large cast delay. As usual, using Luminous Drill With Timer (though costly) can bypass this cast delay modifier while minimising the usual downsides of trigger/timer spells: firing lag (for timer spells) and projectile reflection off walls (for trigger spells).
- This spell is tied with Summon Arrow for having the lowest spread modifier.
- Seems to have a tendency to destroy itself when fired nearly straight up.