|Emits from||Most enemies when killed|
Properties[edit | edit source]
Mining[edit | edit source]
Pockets of gold dust are found around the world, but are very frequent in the Coal Pits. Spells such as Digging Bolt, Digging Blast, and Chainsaw will not destroy gold and are effective for collecting it. Other spells such Triplicate Bolt, Energy Orb, or Magic Bolt can destroy terrain without destroying gold and can work if the player doesn't have any other options. Explosive spells also work, but are typically limited use without the Unlimited Spells Perk.
The Luminous Drill spell will destroy gold, so players should be careful if trying to use that spell to mine it. Gold nuggets can also be damaged by this spell, and will disappear if damaged too much.
Lava will also very quickly turn gold powder into more lava, and acid will destroy it. Gold nuggets are unaffected. Both gold powder and gold nuggets will be destroyed by concentrated mana, as it dissolves all metals it comes into contact with.
Gold Nuggets[edit | edit source]
Upon death, most enemies will drop at least one gold nugget. When contact is made, It collects the entire Rigid Body, rather than just a single pixel.
Nuggets will disappear after not being collected for a certain amount of time, unless the player has the Gold is Forever perk. They flash white when getting close to vanishing, and flash faster until they are gone.
Gold nuggets come in five different values:
- Small gold nugget = $10
- Medium gold nugget = $50
- Large gold nugget = $200
- Huge gold nugget = $1000
- Golden idol = $10000
There are some enemies that do not drop any gold at all, for example Mato and its brothers as well as all enemies spawned from hives.
Trick kills[edit | edit source]
Killed enemies will drop double the amount of gold nuggets in certain situations:
- When killed by a physics object, like falling debris, a thrown tablet or a kicked object.
- When killed by explosive objects like crates or freezing vapor canisters.
- When killed by environmental effects like fire, electricity, acid, toxic sludge, lava, poison, freezing vapor.
In addition, certain spells also cause trick kills:
- Dormant Crystal
- Unstable Crystal
- Summon Rock Spirit
- Propane Tank
- Both the spikes and the explosion of Prickly Spore Pod, but not the projectile damage.
- The six "Touch of" spells (Blood, Gold, Oil, Smoke, Spirits, Water).
- Explosive Projectile in combination with any of the 5 material spells (Acid, Blood, Cement, Oil, Water).
- The physical damage of Summon Hollow Egg.
Blood money[edit | edit source]
Blood money are special, red coloured gold nuggets that heal the player for 30% of the nugget's value, with a max of 300, when picked up. Certain perks, like Trick Blood Money and No Wand Tinkering, cause enemies to drop blood money on death.