How To Play Guide For Noita
|This article is a stub. You can help Noita Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic How to Play Guide for Noita. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Shoot enemies with your wand(s), and pick up the Gold nuggets they drop when killed
- Collect flasks and items, and use them for various purposes, such as healing, or giving buffs/debuffs
- Reach the Holy Mountain at the bottom of the level to get a full heal, have all your spells have their charges completely restored, shop for new wands and Spells (using gold), get new perks (free, but you only get one per visit), swap out the spells on your wands (done by opening your inventory), and continue to the next biome.
- Repeat previous steps until you have died or reached the final boss of the game.
Controls[edit | edit source]
- WASD to move and swim
- W or Space to levitate (has limited, recharging fuel)
- S to consume liquid (when standing foot-deep in it)
- Left mouse button to use a wand or item or throw a bottle, breaking it
- Right mouse button to spray potions from bottles
- Number key or scroll wheel to select wands/items
- F to kick, and impart velocity into whatever is in front of you.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- Water is very useful. It extinguishes fire, solidifies lava and washes off most stains (poison, toxic sludge, slime, ...)
- All liquids (except lava) extinguish fire, so bathing in berserkium or blood may save you.
- In the rare case you find a vat of oil or any amount enough deep enough to quickly submerge yourself, you can extinguish yourself if you swim down as fast as possible.
- Water can be readily used to nullify toxic sludge, transforming it into more water.
- You can kick the lanterns (very far), boxes and barrels to burn/explode them later at a desirable location.
- Kicking barrels, boxes, or any minecarts into enemies instantly kills them and it counts as an "accidental" kill, netting you 2x gold.
- Beware that multiple liquids can be combined in one flask.
- You can collect liquids by throwing an empty flask into them, as long as it is not upside down, this way you can collect liquids that are unobtainable otherwise - as a result you can store acid, polymorphine, lava e.t.c.
- You can also refill flasks with liquid by holding the flask and orienting it such that the mouth of the bottle is inside the liquid. As such, the Holy Mountain zones are also a great opportunity to refill some flasks with water.
- Some liquids flow above the others while others below (that is if they do not nullify each other of course)
- You can skip the heals in the holy mountain by going over them and return to them after picking new spells, wands, and perks as long as you do not leave the perk chamber. This can be useful if you want to test out wands or perks, then pick up the spell restore.
- Acid can be very useful for digging downwards (see acid trail) but will damage you unless you are immune
- Chainsaws combined with digging spells are a very useful combination for excavating while also forming a formidable melee weapon at zero cost
- With an amazingly low cast delay and recharge time, the wand that you start with that can cast Bomb is incredibly useful for use for the Dig or Chainsaw spells. Hold on to it for that purpose.
- Some enemies bleed lava, acid or toxic sludge, so watch out where you are going after a fight
- If you've tried, and failed, to figure out how the wand system works then there's a Guide To Wand Mechanics which tries to explain it as simple as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions[edit | edit source]
- Q: How do I get the beta version?
- A: Right click Noita in your steam library, select the betas tab and select noitabeta in the dropdown. Your game can't be running. Other stores may or may not have a way to join the beta.
- Q: Where are the saves / configs / screenshots / gifs located?
- A: Under %UserProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Nolla_Games_Noita
- Q: Where is my game installed?
- A: How should I know? On Steam, you can right click Noita and select Manage > Browse local files.
- Q: How do I install mods?
- A: Extract the mod from the downloaded archive to the mods/ directory under your game installation. The final file structure should be Noita\mods\mod_name\mod.xml. Do not change the name of the mod dir. Remember to enable the mod in the game menu and start a new game.
- A2: Currently the beta branch has steam workshop support. Once on the beta branch, simply click on the workshop tab on the game's workshop tab and start browsing. "Subscribe" to the mods you want, and steam should handle the rest. Enable the mod in the mod menu and enjoy!
- Q: Where can I find mods?
- A: The Noita category in modworkshop, or The Steam Workshop (requires a steam account and ownership of Noita on it)
- Q: How do I record gifs?
- A: F11. You need to enable this in the settings. Gifs go to save_rec\screenshots_animated in the appdata.
- Q: How do I take screenshots?
- A: F2. Screenshots go to save_rec\screenshots in the appdata.
- Q: My game doesn't work anymore!
- A: Not a question, but if it worked before, try deleting stuff from save00 in the appdata until it does or wait for an update.
- Q: Why can't I restart the game from Steam for a long time after I close it?
- A: You should disable Steam cloud sync for the game from its properties. The saves are too big and sync can't handle them.