|Immediately adds 30 mana to the wand|
Description[edit | edit source]
A spell modifier that reduces the mana drain of the spell(s) it is attached to. Note that this makes the in-game description inaccurate as no mana is added, but merely not used.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can attach it to a group of low-cost spells using a multicast modifier, like Double Spell. The sum of the mana-drain of all spells in a multicast will then be reduced instead of just 1 single spell.
- If you use this modifier on a spell fired by a trigger, then the extra cast-delay is ignored.
- You can make some wands completely free to cast with some clever use of this modifier.
- Is essentially the counterpart to Reduce Recharge Time, as that spell decreases recharge time and cast delay in exchange for mana.
- Assuming you have enough wand slots and copies of the spells, using two Reduce Recharge Time for every one Increase Mana will break even on mana usage but have a net decrease in cast delay.
- Because it directly decreases the mana cost of spells, this can be used as one way to allow a wand to fire spells that it otherwise does not have enough mana for.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The modifier used to have a mana drain reduction of -50 and had no cast delay penalty. This made it ridiculously powerful, nearly invalidating mana as a mechanic if you found a few. It was nerfed in patch #8 into its current incarnation which, while still useful, is nowhere near as overpowered.