|Fire mages, fireflies|
|No stain, damages|
Lava is a highly dangerous liquid Material. It flows about as quickly as water and does heavy damage to creatures touching it. Being submerged in lava is pretty much a death sentance as few creatures are immune to it, most notably enemies found in The Work (Hell), those who use it as blood, as well as ethereal enemies like the Kalmamato in the Temple of the Art. Drinking Lava will light the player on fire which will continue causing damage until the timer has run out. Being fully submerged in a liquid will remove the flaming animation, but not the damage.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Several creatures use lava as blood, including Stendari, Eldari, Pikkutulikärpänen, Suurtulikärpänen and many found in The Work (Hell).
- Lava can also be found in procedurally generated pools in the Temple of the Art and a lake of it blocks off passage to the giant mineshaft to the east of the Mines.
- A huge sea of lava exists underneath The Laboratory, blocking off access to The Work (Hell).
- Created by the Sea of Lava spell.
Transmutations[edit | edit source]
- Touching Water creates Rock, which can slowly re-melt upon contact with leftover lava.
- Blood creates Volcanic Rock (which doesn't melt).
- Freezing Liquid produces Dense Rock (also doesn't melt).
- Lava and Toxic Sludge creates Toxic Rock, which is always damaging regardless of immunities.
- Melts Steel, Diamonds and Copper into more lava, which can result in vast amounts of it if left unchecked (happens frequently in The Vault).
- Melts Plastic into liquid Molten Plastic.