Description[edit | edit source]
A spell that bears a resemblance to laser swords from popular science fiction media. While effective as a close range weapon, Luminous Drill is also a very powerful digging spell and can cut through any material in the game, just like the Black Hole.
Also appears in the Timer variety, with a mana drain of 30 instead of the normal 10.
|A pinpointed, short-ranged beam of concentrated light|
|Cast delay||-0.58 s|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Stacking multiple instances of Luminous Drill with Timer can create a very long version of the spell, assuming they are placed in a wand with enough mana to cast them all. This can be very useful for attacking enemies through barriers, such as in the tight quarters of Hiisi Base
- Although the mana drain stat appears low, the spell has a negative Recharge Time (just like the Chainsaw and Digging Bolt spells) and so can quickly burn through a wand's mana reserves.
- With a proper wand and reduction in mana drain with the Increase Mana modifer, it is very possible to create a constant light saber effect that never fades, able to slice through any terrain like butter.
- The timer variant, while mana intensive, can be used to fire any other projectile through steel walls. Also, due to how Cast Delay works, any extra cast delay from a triggered spell will not happen. Thus, you can make any other spell fire just as fast as the Luminous Drill can. This is true for all triggers, but more noticable here.
- When used with the Increase Duration modifier the Luminous drill will fire like a Magic Arrow, making this spell long-ranged.