Summon Hollow Egg
|Summon Hollow Egg|
|Summons an otherwise empty egg that casts a spell upon cracking open|
A spell that summons forth an egg and flings it in an arc, cracking open when hitting an enemy or hard surface. It triggers (casts) the next spell in the wand when doing so. It does not deal damage to enemies, only itself in order to crack open.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The spell fills a niche in that it is the only unlimited trigger spell that can be lobbed like a grenade.
- When the player is polymorphed, any eggs held in the object inventory (the area where flasks and the like are held) get dropped and release their spell, potentially allowing for you to hold an egg that automatically casts defensive spells to protect you from a cheap death.
- If the egg doesn't break open when hitting the ground, the player will actually be able to pick it up.
- Piles of eggs can be used to ricochet other eggs for huge combos.
- Combine with Burst of Air makes it a good trigger spell.
- As the egg itself is a physics object, it passes through shields rather than bouncing off of them. This can be useful for getting damage-dealing spells to hit shielded enemies.
- If Explosive Projectile is applied to Hollow Egg, the egg itself will violently explode when it breaks open. This can be used to create highly effective grenades, although the explosion can damage the player very easily. This works both with and without a normal spell payload.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Prior to patch #8, dec 19 2019, this spell had a charge limit. This, arguably, made it rather useless.