Treasure chests are objects that spawn randomly within the game world and can be looted for a variety of contents. Chests can be opened with the use button while standing next to them. Alternatively they are destructible using fire, explosives, or spells. When destroyed, their contents will become available as if opened with the use button.
Known drops include:
- Gold (in both dust and nugget form)
- Various spells
- Extra Health Containers
- Live bombs (cannot be picked up, will explode after a few seconds)
Other Information[edit | edit source]
- Wands found in chests tend to be stronger than those that spawn naturally, especially in the Mines.
- On rare occasions the enemy Mimic will imitate a treasure chest. They can be distinguished by the way they float in water and will show damage when attacked.
- If you make it to the Holy Mountain without directly killing any enemies in the area leading up to it, a chest will spawn on the perk altar.
- The contents of the chest is determined by the map seed and the chest's exact position. Moving the chest in any way before opening will alter its contents.