Treasure chests are objects that spawn randomly within the game world and can be looted for a variety of contents. Chests can be opened with the use button while standing next to them. Alternatively they are destructible using fire, explosives, or spells. When destroyed, their contents will become available as if opened with the use button.
Known drops include:
- Gold (in both dust and nugget form)
- Various spells
- Extra Health Containers
- Live bombs (cannot be picked up, will explode after a few seconds)
- Flasks filled with a random material
Secret usage[edit | edit source]
A treasure chest can be placed on the altar above the mountain for a special event. Unfortunately the chest is affected by gravity which makes the process of getting it there tedious and very difficult.
How to get it there?[edit | edit source]
There are a few methods to do it. The first one would be to kick the chest midair multiple times until it's high enough. Though technically possible it would be way too hard to do consistently.
The second way is much more doable but requires more setup in form of specific spells, items and perks. To properly pull this off you're going to need:
- The Infinite spells and Breathless perk.
- The Kuu item. (not required but with it it's much easier).
- The Sea of Water spell.
When you finaly have all that, this is what to do:
- Fly above spawn location and use Sea of Water until the water's high enough to reach the altar.
- Go to the bottom where your chest is, stand on top of it and then pull out Kuu.
- Kuu's gravitational field will slowly pull the chest upwards. When the chest is near the floating island, kick it onto the altar.
The chest rain[edit | edit source]
After placing the chest on the altar, it will disappear and the message "Your curiosity is rewarded" will appear. Then multiple treasure chests will start falling from the sky. Note that this event cannot be activated with the chests that it spawned but can be repeated as long as there are normal chests left.
Other Information[edit | edit source]
- Wands found in chests tend to be stronger than those that spawn naturally, especially in the Mines.
- On rare occasions the enemy Mimic will imitate a treasure chest. They can be distinguished by the way they float in water and will show damage when attacked.
- If you make it to the Holy Mountain without directly killing any enemies in the area leading up to it, a chest will spawn on the perk altar. Indirect kills do not count.
- The contents of the chest is determined by the map seed and the chest's exact position. Moving the chest in any way before opening will alter its contents.