|Master of Exchange|
Drops On Death
|? gold nuggets|
|Fungal Caverns, Temple of the Art.|
The Master of Exchange (in-game name Vaihdosmestari) is a humanoid spellcaster enemy, rarely seen in the Fungal Caverns.
Behaviour & Combat[edit | edit source]
This wizard variant specializes in swapper magic, throwing homing bolts at the player that do no damage but cause the two of you to immediately exchange positions. More importantly, this effect also triggers when the player damages this enemy. This can cause the player to be hurt by projectiles that can deal self damage, such as Summon Disc Projectile or any spell with the Piercing Shot spell modifier
Otherwise flies or walks around slowly.
Combat Tips[edit | edit source]
- More dangerous than this enemy's attack is its defensive reaction, as the player risks dealing considerable damage to themselves with the wrong spell.
- Slower, hard-hitting spells are recommended to reduce the amount of swapping performed. The Vaihdosmestari has relatively less health, so it should be easier to kill it in one hit, which will prevent the swapping effect from happening.
- If the player does not have such a spell, be sure to fight this enemy in isolation. Its slow speed and unaggressive behavior should make it easy to pick where you fight.
- Accidental kills are another option, as they won't trigger the swapping effect.
- Be careful when using spells that linger around for a while, such as the common late-game Homing + Drilling Shot + projectile combination, as this may cause the player to swap unexpectedly some distance away; possibly into the middle of a crowd of enemies.